Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Class Project 1

Description of how you used MS Word and PPT:
I used MS Word to complete an instruction manual about how to download PicPick onto a computer. It was a step-by-step process that instructed the user on how to access the software and download it onto their computer. I used MS PPT to instruct a college-based audience on how to create a study design and how to conduct a survey. The PPT included links to outside sources and pictures to facilitate learning.

What obstacles you encountered:
The primary obstacle that I encountered was finding enough material the supplement my lesson on PPT. (i.e. External links, etc). I sort of felt like I was making things up just to fulfill the requirement, even though they really weren't necessary.

How you resolved these obstacles:
I found some words on the PPT that I thought might need some clarification or further explanation and created hyperlinks to those words or ideas. This allows the reader to access more information on those topics.

What successes you experienced:
I learned what ALT Tags were and that I'm doing them incorrectly.

Ideas about how you can use this application in the future:
I use these tools every single day. I do believe that I'll start hyperlinking more within my PPT presentation to my students though.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Yes,it's true that some required items might be excessive for your needs. They're simply standards that must be met and hopefully will be helpful if you ever require these elements.