Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Audio Assignment



Description of how you used Audacity:
I have been using Audacity for a few years for a podcast that my friend and I used to do. Since we have different segments in our show coupled with music bumpers, I have a skeleton Audacity file of our bumper music saved in a file. I used that file to create our 8th show, the one that is posted. In this show, Cara and I discuss our training techniques and woes for our upcoming triathlon in Arizona. We conclude each show with a "Pump Up Song of the Week".

What obstacles you encountered:
Initially when using Audacity, it took me a while to edit out all of the pops and level out our voices where it doesn't peak into the red, deafening zone for the listener.

How did you overcome these obstacles?
I just practiced and practiced with it and eventually editing became pretty quick and easy.

What successes you experienced (what you learned):
I learned that I say "umm" way too much, so after a while, I became more aware of it and corrected it... at least a bit. I also learned how to do an RSS feed in order to connect the archive to iTunes and actually podcast all over the world. Pretty cool stuff.

Ideas about how you can use an audio recorder/editor for future projects:
I think it would be super neat to do a audio recording and put it on my website that I created for my classes. That would cover another dimension of learning for students who might learn better from listening combined with reading.



id="audioplayer1" height="24" width="290">
value="http://comp.uark.edu/~echilder/audio/player.swf">
value="playerID=1&soundFile=http://comp.uark.edu/~echilder/audio/Show8.mp3">



No comments: